Somerset County Family Division
If you live in Somerset Count, the family law division where your family law case will be heard is presided over by the Honorable Hany A. Mawla, PJFP. The Somerset vicinage is further supported by family division manager Adriana Calderon and 54 staff members.
The Somerset County Family Division handles a myriad family law matters, including cases regarding the following areas:
- Dissolution of marriage, and issues within dissolution of marriage, such as alimony and property division;
- Non-dissolution cases, including child custody, child support, and visitation;
- Domestic violence and seeking domestic violence protection orders;
- Domestic violence violations;
- Juvenile delinquency;
- Family crisis, which is characterized by the presence of a physical threat to a juvenile within a home or a dangerous and serious conflict between a juvenile and their parent/guardian;
- Child placement review;
- Child abuse and neglect;
- Termination of parental rights, which is necessary when a parent abandons their child or is otherwise completely unable to care for the child, as well as during adoption cases;
- Kinship and legal guardianship, where a family member becomes the guardian of a child whose parent is no longer able to provide care; and
- Adoption and contested adoptions.
Somerset County Superior Court Judges
Within the family court of Somerset County, there are three superior court judges. These judges are:
- Hon. Hany A. Mawla – Presiding Judge;
- Hon. Anthony F. Picheca
- Hon. Anthony J. Tober
We Competently Guide You Through All Family Matters
Our experienced family law attorneys at the law offices of Wilentz Goldman & Spitzer, P.C. have been serving those in our community since our law offices first opened in 1919. While divorce is the reason for which the majority of our clients seek our services, we are also highly competent in all other areas of family law, and can help you to secure the best possible outcome for your case.
In a family law matter, there is often a lot on the line. This is especially true when a child is involved – we will do everything in our power to preserve the best interests of your child and mitigate an unfavorable outcome.
If you want to learn more about our family law services and why our talented Somerset County lawyers should be your first choice for representation, please contact us today. To schedule a consultation with our talented New Jersey divorce and family law attorneys today, please fill out the contact form on our website. You can also reach us by phone at (855) 800-0067. We can also be reached by filling out our online contact form.